Today, I’m sharing with you one of my easy chocolate nutella lava cake dessert recipe that can be done in 20 minutes flat. I have been making this chocolate lava recipe to host dinners in July and August because it is quick, super easy and has minimal clean up. If you are a fan of chocolate cake, chocolate cupcake, or any chocolate dessert, and will be hosting dinners or birthday parties soon, read on!
Chocolate is the universe favourite dessert flavour and you can’t go wrong with this, I promise! I love the gooey drips from melted chocolate. Well, these are the things you will need and to take note of.
Chocolate Nutella Lava Cake Recipe
Serves 4 – 6
- 90 grams Hersey’s Chocolate Chips
- 60 grams SCS Pure Creamery Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of nutella
1) Preheat your oven at 200 degrees F.
2) Butter up 4 – 6 individual 2oz ramekins. If like me you don’t have them on hand just use a stainless steel container. They work as well.
3) Heat the chocolate chips + butter over a double boiler or in the microwave. Once they start to melt, add in the flour + nutella + egg and give it a good stir.
4) Pour your mixture into the ramekins and bake for 7 minutes.
5) Serve with ice-cream and enjoy!
Things To Note
1) You MUST butter up your baking ware if not the chocolate lava cake will stick to the container.
2) Note that the bake time of 7 minutes if for a 2oz ramekin. If you are using a 4 oz ramekin, bake for 10 minutes.
3) When you are heating up the chocolate chips + butter, keep an eye on the mixture to avoid it from burning or cooking. I usually keep my eyes on the mixture and stir pretty frequently.